Effective Date: October 24, 2022
A. Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) We Collect
We may collect the following PII from Users who create a Website account or use the Website to purchase products or services using the Website: name, e-mail, phone number, and shipping addresses. We also use “cookies” to collect certain information from all Users, including Website Users who do not purchase anything through our Website. A cookie is a string of data our system sends to your computer and then uses to identify your computer’s web browser when you return to our Website. Cookies give us usage data, like how often you visit, where you go at the site, and what you do.
B. How We Use PII We Collect
We use your PII to create your Website account, process your Website transactions, to communicate with you about products and services you’ve purchased through the Website, to offer you additional products and services and to ensure an effective customer experience on the Website. We also use that information to the extent necessary to enforce our Website terms of service.
C. Protection of PII
We maintain a variety of data security safeguards to protect PII collected through the Website including 128 bit SSL encryption. Unfortunately, even with these measures, we cannot guarantee the security of PII. By using our Website, you acknowledge and agree that we make no such guarantee, and that you use our Website at your own risk.
D. Service Provider and Other Third Party Access to PII
We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data analysis and management, marketing and promotional services, etc. (“Service Providers”). We may provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services, and our marketing partners may use PII for their own marketing/commercial purposes. We receive names and mailing addresses from third parties for direct mail marketing purposes. If you would like to opt-out of the use of your PII, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours. We may publish certain User data analysis or statistics that do not include PII, or share them with third parties.
E. Accessing, Correcting and Opting out of Use of Your PII
You can access and change any PII we have collected from the Website and stored on the “My Dashboard” page of the Website when you are logged in. You may request deletion of your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com or at 3536 N Knox Ave, Chicago IL 60641 with inquiries or requests regarding our collection and use of your PII from the Website.
If you wish to opt out of your PII being shared with third parties or you wish us to delete your PII, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
F. Your Rights under the CCPA
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to exercise free of charge:
Disclosure of Personal Information We Collect About You
You have the right to know:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, if any; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Please note that we are not required to:
- Retain any personal information about you that was collected for a single one-time transaction if, in the ordinary course of business, that information about you is not retained;
- Reidentify or otherwise link any data that, in the ordinary course of business, is not maintained in a manner that would be considered personal information; or
- Provide the personal information to you more than twice in a 12-month period.
Personal Information Sold or Used for a Business Purpose
In connection with any personal information we may sell or disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know:
- The categories of personal information about you that we sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold; and
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt-out of the sale or disclosure of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt-out of the sale or disclosure of your personal information, we will refrain from selling your personal information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the sale of your personal information. To opt-out of the sale or disclosure of your personal information, visit our homepage and click on the Catalog / PII opt out.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Protection Against Discrimination
You have the right to not be discriminated against by us because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA. This means we cannot, among other things:
- Deny goods or services to you;
- Charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or
- Suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at email@example.com or at 3536 N. Knox Avenue, Chicago IL 60641.